On today’s blog, we’re sharing the delicious chocolate drop cookies with coconut recipe that features in Naima Simone’s sexy and sparkling small-town romance, Christmas in Rose Bend.
We hope you enjoy!
- 1 bag of Dark Chocolate
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 45g flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 135g icing sugar
- 150g chopped nuts: such as walnuts, pecans or toasted almonds
- 100g shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Line the sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt half of the dark chocolate with the butter until smooth. Stir until smooth
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Roughly chop the remaining chocolate and set aside. I mean it! Dark chocolate likes it a bit rough!
- Make the batter by adding the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and light yellow. Two minutes should do it. Now my trusty KitchenAid mixer does this for me. Whichever mixer you have should work.
- Add in the flour mixture and cooled chocolate and mix for another minute or so.
- Fold in the remaining chopped dark chocolate and nuts and yes, add the coconut. We’re being festive, people!
- Chill the batter for 30 minutes then scoop out 1 tablespoon of batter and roll into a ball. Drop and roll into the bowl of sugar before placing on the cookie sheet pans about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until just firm. You’ll see the little breaks in the sugar as it bakes… It looks amazing!
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet pans. Serve with a lovely hot chocolate toddy in front of the fire and let the magic of Christmas sweep you away!
We hope you enjoy these deliciously festive cookies, perfect for eating whilst snuggled up with Christmas in Rose Bend which is out now!