We’re looking for new authors for our Mills & Boon True Love series and we want to see YOUR fresh, vibrant voice! Submit your contemporary Mills & Boon True Love submission between February 1st and Valentine’s Day. Get a response, including editorial feedback, by Wednesday, February 21st!
Do you adore a feel-good love story? Mills & Boon True Love offers uplifting escapes featuring real, relatable women and strong, deeply desirable men. We’re on the lookout for new authors and you could be the next member of the fabulous Mills & Boon True Love family! We publish 50,000-word contemporary romances that whisk readers away to glamorous locations around the world. Relatable characters, engaging emotional drama, low sensuality and an unforgettable love story are a must! Check out our full guidelines below.
What you need to know:
- The Mills & Boon True Love Blitz will run from Thursday 1st February 2018 – Wednesday 14th February 2018.
- We’re looking for a query letter that introduces you and your book and includes any previous publishing credits, first chapter and complete synopsis only – no need to have the full manuscript written!
- If we love the voice, we’ll invite you to submit further chapters and work with you on developing your story to its full potential. Please note that requests for additional chapters are not a guarantee of publication.
- Please submit your entry at harlequin.submittable.com, ‘Harlequin Romance Blitz’. This page will be live from Thursday 1st February 2018 – Wednesday 14th February 2018.
- Only one entry per person.
- All entries will receive editorial feedback by Wednesday 21st February 2018.
- Skip the slush pile and hear back from us within ONE WEEK after the submission period ends! Every submission will receive a response by Wednesday, February 21st.
- Editorial feedback for every Mills & Boon True Love submission we receive.
- The possibility of having your novel published in the global Mills & Boon True Love line! We will request to see more of the manuscripts which show the most promise for the series.
Want to see the full guidelines? Here they are:
Mills & Boon True Love Key Elements
- A True Love novel is all about the heroine, she is key in this series! Our heroines need to be real and relatable, and her story should make the reader wish they were in the heroine’s shoes!
- We need a hero we can immediately trust, who is worthy of the heroine. Not all our heroes are super rich international tycoons (although some might be!) but they’re successful in their own right and should be a strong man our heroine would aspire to be with.
- Gorgeous and glamorous settings are encouraged and international settings also work well to add the aspirational element to our romances.
- We welcome heroes and heroines from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Low sensuality: these stories are high on emotional and sensual tension but have no explicit sexual detail.
- Captivating internal emotional conflicts that will sustain the story over 50,000 words.
- Delivers a fresh take on classic romance themes.
- This is the home of feel-good, entertaining and fresh paced romance.
- Just because these romances are sweet, it doesn’t mean they can’t be edge-of-the-seat exciting! Throw your reader straight into the story!
Mills & Boon True Love is…
One Fine Day for its warmth and tear jerking properties. The Notebook for its emotional depth, The Vow for its emotional conflicts, Dear John for its focus on the central relationship, Life as We Know It, The Proposal and The Back-Up Plan for their storylines.
Featured in Mills & Boon True Love
Falling for the Boss, Weddings, Boss, Office Romance, Couples Reunited, Royalty, Rags-to-Riches, Friends to Lovers, Secret Babies/Pregnancy, Aristocracy, Mediterranean Heroes, Seasonal (e.g. Christmas).
For full Terms and Conditions click here.