The Bank Holiday weekend is nearly here and everyone at Paradise Heights is gearing up for three whole days of catching up with dirty laundry heavenly down time with our friends and family.
Whether you are hoping to be whisked away for a romantic escape or are simply looking forward to a few days of relaxation at home, we’d love to hear about your plans in the comments below.
Here are some romantic things you could do this Bank Holiday weekend… what would you add?
1.Catch a sunset. Find the best place near you to watch the sun go down. Some of my favourite spots are London’s Southbank, Blackpool’s promenade or the western tip of Cornwall as the sun sinks into the water *swoon* . Actually, the most gorgeous sunset I’ve ever seen was off the west coast of Ireland. Unfortunately, my only companion was a dog, so it wasn’t very romantic!
2. If the weather is good, and you pick the right food and location, picnics are SO romantic. DO bring comfortable blankets and cushions, outdoor tea lights and real champagne glasses for that extra bit of class. DON’T set up near a kid’s football match or Frisbee game!
(Top tip – smother yourself in insect repellent to deter romance-destroying mosquitos. Attractive, I know – but better than constantly swatting yourself.)
3. Take in some art. There’s something rather lovely about strolling around a gallery with someone you like…plus, you learn a lot about each other’s aesthetic taste! Choose an exhibition featuring romantic paintings such as the Renaissance collection at the Royal Academy, or the special Cezanne exhibition at the Modern Ashmolean in Oxford.
4. Catch a train to nowhere. I don’t know about you, but a hint of a whistle and a sniff of engine oil and I’m straight into Brief Encounter, but without the eye injury. There are some fabulous authentic steam railways all over the UK.
5. Rooms with a view. There are some truly breathtaking places to have a romantic dinner this Bank Holiday, including restaurants with such spectacular views that your partner won’t notice all the mozzie bites you picked up during the picnic.
6.There is something very romantic about being near or on water isn’t there? Perhaps you would like to float among the swans on a pedalo on London’s Serpentine or rent a houseboat and explore Britain’s secret waterways…
7. Read aloud. Snuggle up with your sweetie and read extracts from your favourite books and poems to each. You can of course include extracts from your favourite Mills and Boon authors… **Shameless plug: go here for great offers and savings on our books**
9. If star-gazing, open fires and nature are your bag, why not plan a romantic camping trip and stay in a cosy yurt or tipi? It’s basically camping without the smelly bits.
10. And finally, do not, and I repeat, NOT, go to any DIY stores
Have a fabulous weekend.