This New-Year’s Eve I will be welcoming in 2015 as one of eleven (yes, eleven!) bridesmaids… Even more of an excuse to get the champagne flowing! All that talk of dresses, hen parties and the all-important cake which I’ve offered to make (eek!) has inevitably led to a lot of poring over bridal magazines and frantic internet searches.
And although some might say a winter wedding only interferes with you reaching for that third helping of Christmas pud, it can’t be denied that there’s something special in the air at this time of year. That festive spirit. Those cosy evenings in. It’s a time when romance truly sparkles.
So, without any further ado, here are my Top Ten most romantic winter wedding ideas!
- Ok, I may be biased, but what better way to celebrate the season and bring in the New Year than with a new life together; could that be the best New Year’s resolution ever?!
- Surely there’s no other way for a winter bride to make an entrance than on a reindeer driven sleigh. Or if we’re truly getting into the spirit of winter, how about a Narnia inspired chariot pulled by polar bears…? Too much?
- Nothing screams winter like Lapland. And whether you’re bride or guest, a Winter Wonderland wedding means toasty log fires, a sauna beside a frozen icy lake, and snuggling down in your picture-perfect log cabin. The only question is… what shoes are you supposed to wear?
- If you can’t make it, fake it! Whilst a snow scene wedding might be the ultimate romantic fantasy, here we rarely see more than a few rogue snowflakes. In Her Boss by Arrangement by Teresa Carpenter, the hero makes his heroine’s childhood dreams come true when he proposes with fake snow falling all around them. Sigh.
- Forget the ice-bar; how about an ice-church? At the Ice-Hotel in Jukkasjärvi, Sweden, wedding ceremonies are held in a stunning chapel re-carved each year entirely from ice!
- Go Frozen. Disney and Alfred Angelo have teamed up to create two Elsa inspired dresses. So now, bride and bridesmaid can step into this much-loved winter heroine’s shoes!
- For those ski-bunny brides out there, what could be better than getting married on the slopes? In Sarah Morgan’s Maybe This Christmas, Brenna and Tyler are reunited in the same resort where their love first blossomed. And there’s a big surprise waiting for this heroine on Christmas Day in the mountains…
- It may be freezing and raining over here, but that doesn’t mean the sun isn’t shining on the other side of the world. A beach wedding in December? Why not?
- Light up the sky with love. One of the best things about those long, dark, winter nights is the fireworks. And a wedding is the perfect excuse for a breathtakingly romantic display!
- Sneak a photo in front of the Christmas tree. One to be recycled in Christmas cards for years to come…