Mills & Boon Modern wants you to show us what you’ve got!
Announcing our #HotelScandal Twitter Pitch contest, Tuesday Feb 10th!
WHO: The Mills & Boon Modern team want YOU! We’re looking for new talent and want you to dazzle us with a hotel scandal that we’ll never forget
WHAT: We are looking for a short story of up to 10,000 that features, stars, or simply sees characters from the delicious, scandalous, Chatsfield series! So enter our #HotelScandal writing competition and make these amazing characters your own. It’s your chance to go behind the closed doors of the world’s most exclusive hotel and captivate the glitz, glamour, international locales and passionate romances exclusive to…The Chatsfield!
HOW: Pitch us your hotel scandal in 140 characters (or less) using the hashtag: #HotelScandal on Twitter on Tuesday February 10th. The best three Twitter Pitches (as judged by us) will be invited to submit a short story to us based on their original Twitter pitch!
WHEN: The Twitter pitch competition will take place on Tuesday, February 10th
WHY: It’s a phenomenal chance to catch the eye of Mills & Boon editors, an amazing opportunity to be published on www.millsandboon.co.uk and an all-around great chance to have a fantastic amount of fun and win great prizes including a free place on a Mills and Boon writing class.
All the details on what a Twitter Pitch is and how to rock it will follow shortly on the Mills and Boon website – but in the meantime check out this FREE download of Lucy Monroe’s Sheikh’s Scandal – book one in The Chatsfield series – to get an idea of the #HotelScandal we’re after and to get the inspiration pumping:
All the important entrance details again…
– The Twitter Pitch competition will run from 00:01 to 23:59 (GMT) on Tuesday, February 10th which means you have just 24 hours in which to tweet!
– The Top 3 Twitter pitches (as chosen by the M&B Modern team) will be announced on Friday, February 13th
– These chosen finalists will then have 2 weeks to send in the short story their Twitter Pitch embodied for public vote.
- Entries are due on Friday, February 27th
- Entries can be any length up to 10,000 words
– Once they’re in, the three stories will go up on the M&B website for public vote from Friday, February 27th to Sunday, February 29th
– The winner will be announced on Tuesday, March 3rd
– The prizes:
- 1st prize = 6 month paperback subscription to a series of your choice OR a M&B writing course*
- 2nd prize = 3 month paperback subscription to a series of your choice
- 3rd prize = goody bag of books
* These are held in London, UK.
Start thinking about your #HotelScandal and join in the fun on Tuesday, February 10th!
You can download the Terms and Conditions for the contest here.